Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Day Twenty -- Post about three celebrity crushes.

Over the years, I have had numerous celebrity crushes.  Some are just downright not normal and others are ones that definitely had potential (or so I thought!).  Most of my crushes seem to come and go depending upon what fad is in or what movie/TV show I am addicted to at that time.  I guess that still even holds true to today, as well.  So, to choose just three to write about, well, that’ll be tough because that list could be endless.  So, I’ll just pick the first three that come to my mind and in no particular order.  These are a combination of current and past celebrity crushes. 

Mark Harmon


Is there ever any doubt why he was voted one of People’s Sexiest Men Alive?  I think not!  Mark Harmon just gets better looking the older he gets.  I always knew who Mark Harmon was from various movies to Chicago Hope, but I ultimately fell in love with him when he played Secret Service Agent Simon Donovan on The West Wing. He was just absolutely adorable in that role and his chemistry with Allison Janney was just spot on!  When his character was killed off the show, I cried like a baby.  Fortunately for me, he reappeared not long after to star as the infamous Leroy Jethro Gibbs on NCIS. I have adored watching him play Gibbs on NCIS over the years.  I think my favorite episodes with him were in seasons three through five where he starred alongside his former Chicago Hope costar, Lauren Holly.  So, yes, Mark Harmon has been one of my ultimate celebrity crushes for a long, long time.  Sure, he’s probably old enough to be my father, but it’s Mark Harmon, so I really don’t care, ha!  He has the most gorgeous blue eyes and a very captivating smile.  I just adore him!

Matthew McConaughey 


 And then there’s Matthew McConaughey … Wow! That’s about all I can say.  One of my celebrity crushes that I have always practically drooled over.  I have loved so many of his movies.  But, his adorable smile just about melts me.  I love to hear him talk with his infamous Southern drawl.  He is just one of those fellows that seems like such a decent and fun person to hang out with.  When I went to Austin to visit my cousin, she and I spent a little while driving around the food truck area, where he is known to frequent, in hopes of us finding him.  Unfortunately for us, that didn’t pan out like we had hoped.  I will say, I’ve never liked it when he lets his hair get too long or when he’s grown that long, shaggy beard – don’t cover the gorgeous face.  I prefer him looking like he did during A Time to Kill, which was an all-star cast, terrific movie!  But nonetheless, Matthew will always be one of my ultimate hunks!

David Duchovny


This choice will likely get me the most grief, but there’s just something about David Duchovny that I’ve always found cute.  I have loved Special Agent Fox Mulder from The X-Files since the first time we met him back in the early 1990s. The way Mulder cares for his FBI partner, Dana Scully, is just so heartwarming.  I love the relationship that David and co-star Gillian Anderson have.  There is so much chemistry between them.  They are so much fun and you can tell they just know each other so well.  To me, David seems to care for Gillian in many of the same ways that Mulder cared for Scully. He just has this boyish smile to him that makes you want to just like him.   And that is one reason that I add David Duchovny to my celebrity crush list.

So, there you have it, my random list of three celebrity crushes.  I could add so many others to that list, but we will go with those three.  I might have new ones before I finish writing this list!  . It is nice to take a break and daydream about your crushes and how life might be different if you were married to Matthew McConaughey, but sadly, we know that’ll never happen.  So, don’t spend too much time daydreaming about your own crushes that you get distracted from reality.






No comments:

Post a Comment