Monday, February 22, 2016

Day Nineteen -- If you had $1,000,000 to spend today, how would you spend it?



Oh, the things I would do if I had a million dollars!  In my current frame of mine, I would probably just quit my job and take it easy for a while. But in reality, even a million dollars wouldn’t last long enough to do that for a long period of time.  To be honest, I can be quite picky with my money, so more than likely, I would put most of it aside and save it or put some in to my Roth IRA and let it grow more. 

That being said, if I absolutely had to spend one million dollars today, here are a few ways that I would spend it:
  1. I would donate some to the Kay Yow Cancer Fund – The Kay Yow Cancer Fund is one charity that I am very passionate about as it was founded by legendary Coach Kay Yow, whom I have adored my entire life.  The Kay Yow Cancer Fund uses its donations to seek finding a cure for cancer, as well as finding other alternative medications for treatment of the dreaded disease that plagues so many people.  It provides funds to various medical research teams and organizations in their development and aid for a cure.  So, I would definitely give them a nice donation!
  2. I would probably buy myself a cabin in the Pigeon Forge/Wears Valley area in Tennessee – Matter of fact, I might even just buy the cabin and relocate myself to the hills of Tennessee.  I could envision getting a job working at Dollywood, living in my cabin and being quite happy with life.  I would want a cabin as close to one of the rivers/streams so I could listen to the trickling of the soothing mountain stream while gazing out at the mountains along the horizon.  
  3. Tickets to the NCAA Women’s Tournament – I’ve always wanted to go to the NCAA Women’s Final Four and National Championship games, so I would invest a little money in to buying the tickets and attending all the events during that timeframe surrounding the games.  Of course, I would have to be selective because if certain teams were playing, I might not want to go.  But then again, it is the NCAA Tournament, so I probably would go see just about anyone play for the title.
Those would probably be the three main things I would do with my money right off the bat.  I would buy a car or some more clothes, but I’m pacified with what I have currently.  I likely would probably buy some things for my parents or pay off some bills/taxes, too.  But when it comes to money and spending, I can be pretty tight.  So, it would really be something I would have to consider and ponder upon heavily.   But, we can dream of hitting the lottery and what we would do with the money and maybe one day that’ll become reality – highly unlikely, but at least we can dream!





No comments:

Post a Comment