Monday, December 14, 2015

Day Seven: List 10 songs that you're loving right now.

Music, music, music – one of the things that I absolutely love and cannot live without!   Nearly anytime of the day, somehow or somewhere, there is music playing near me: in my car as I drive to and from work, in my earbuds as I sit in my office cube working hard daily, in my stereos or speakers throughout the house.  I just love, absolutely love music.  I don’t have one particular favorite genre of music, so looking throughout my playlists offers you a mixed barrage of anything you can imagine.   I say all that to say that when you see my list of songs that I am loving right now, they may be a mixture of all sorts of genres and decades.  Don’t hold it against me, as I said, I just love music!  And, these are in no particular order whatsoever! 


  1.  Hello by Adele – I am a huge Adele fan, so I was thrilled when she released her latest album “25” and of course, the debut single off that album is the incredible song Hello.  Adele has such a powerful and recognizable voice.  There are not many of her songs that I actually don’t like.  Hello is another of her greatest songs and it is definitely one that I am absolutely loving right now! 
  2. Feels Like Home by Chantal Kreviazuk – Some of you are probably saying by WHO?  Yes, I honestly, don’t know much about this artist (aside from the fact that she is from Canada), but the first time I heard this song and her soothing, melancholy voice, I was just entranced and immediately downloaded it on my iTunes!
  3.  Queenie Eye by Paul McCartney – Y’all know any music list wouldn’t be complete if Paul McCartney or The Beatles were not included in some way!  Even though it’s been over a year since I saw him perform this song live in concert, I am still addicted to Queenie Eye off of his 2013 album “New”.  I don’t know what it is about the song – from the beat to the song itself, I just find it a highly energetic song and one that I genuinely adore!
  4. I’m Shipping up to Boston by Dropkick Murphys – To be quite honest, I have no idea what in the world the words are in the song (maybe I need to look that up, ha!) but the Celtic, Irish background music is what I absolutely love the most.  The beat and classic Irish rock is just so fast-moving, it makes me alert and want to keep moving.   Maybe once I learn the words (if they are appropriate, ha!), I will enjoy it a little more.  But for now, I’ll keep jumping around to the Irish beat!
  5. Coat of Many Colors by Dolly Parton – The legendary Dolly Parton has to be one of the greatest entertainers of all time, as her music is so true to her roots and her heart.  Her song Coat of Many Colors is such a touching song as it depicts how something so simple held such value to her and her family.  The TV movie about this that aired December 10, 2015, was just so touching.  What an inspiration she is!  Dream big and you can achieve it!  
  6. If Heartaches Had Wings by Rhonda Vincent – No list would be complete without something from the Queen of Bluegrass Music, Rhonda Vincent.  She is one of a handful of people that I could listen to constantly because she has one of those voices that I just love listening to.  I absolutely love her song If Heartaches Had Wings.  If you listen to the lyrics, it is such a powerful song, and Rhonda is the perfect choice to sing this incredible song with her amazing voice!
  7. 10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman – Wow!  What a wonderful praise song!  We have beyond 10,000 reasons to worship and celebrate our wonderful Lord.  I just absolutely love this song.  I don’t think I could ever get tired of singing it.  It is humbling because it makes you realize how thankful we really should be!  We have so many, many things to rejoice over!  Bless His name!
  8. Informer by Snow – Okay, yes, this may be one of the craziest songs I add to my list because I honestly have no idea what in the world Snow is even saying.  When I first arrived in Canada this summer, this was the first song I heard playing on the bus as we travelled from the airport in to the city.  The beat of Informer literally wants to make you constantly be on the move.
  9.  O, Canada by Daylight for Deadeyes – Yes, this might be another bizarre entry because it is the Canadian national anthem, however the Canadian Rock group, Daylight for Deadeyes, did an amazing rendition (both in English and French) of O, Canada.  Most of the time we hear national anthems performed, they are usually done very slowly or performed by an orchestra or marching band.  Well, Daylight for Deadeyes, did a smashing, upbeat rendition of O, Canada and I could literally listen to it all day long
  10.  It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Andy Williams – Yes, I am loving this song and not because it is nearly time for Christmas!  I listen to Christmas music all year long, but this is by far one of my favorite Christmas songs.  I think Andy Williams has one of the greatest voices of all-time and by far it is so perfect on this song.  Do make this the most wonderful time of the year and keep your music going 24/7/365 (well, 366 for 2016!


No comments:

Post a Comment