Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Concert time ...

So I'm a little behind in my Fair recaps ... but better late than never, right?

Shortly after getting off from work, I ventured back to the Fairgrounds on Monday the 18th. Initially I was going to meet up with my friend Julie & her family and then later go to the concert. Well, as it turned out, my cousin Jeremy also had tickets to the concert and he offered for us to sit with him -- sure why not, it was only the FRONT ROW after all :)


So he & I went over and looked at some of the exhibits and did some "people-watching". If there is one activity you want to partake in at the North Carolina State Fair, it is "people-watching" because Lord have mercy, you will see all sorts and all kinds of sights! But it was fun to be able to go with you cousin with whom only two months separates our age (he's the oldest!) -- we had fun and it was neat to see Dale Earnhardt Jr's race car, which is my cousin's favorite!!


Julie eventually joined us and we enjoyed the concert by Easton Corbin. He's a new up-and-coming country artist, who sounds similar to George Strait (but nothing will ever compare to him). So that was such a highlight to be able to sit on the front row for a concert, and a big thanks to all the wonderful Agriculture Officers who took care of helping me get my cousin into the arena and down to our floor level seats!






Another favorite thing I realized I really love about the Fair is the colors --- it is so much prettier at night to see all the colors from the rides and the lights. I'm glad I was able to go with my cousin & Julie -- we had a good time and shared some laughs!

No comments:

Post a Comment