Friday, November 12, 2010

Two Weeks


In two weeks, I will be in Heaven ... okay not literally (well, who knows, I might be if the Lord sees fit!) ... but I'll be close to Heaven on Earth - put it that way!

I'll be seated inside Neyland Stadium getting ready to see the Tennessee Volunteers take on the Kentucky Wildcats. Honestly, I don't have high aspirations that Tennessee will win this game. (As Rissy would say, I need to think positively (ha!) but seriously, we've only won three games!) They are having a rough season with all that happened last year; and it's a bad sign when Kentucky has already won more games than the Vols. We're in a rebuilding time, but one day, the Vols will be the Tennessee of old.

Neyland Stadium is one of the largest college football stadiums in the United States. I have been inside the stadium once before but not for a game & I was just overwhelmed. The sheer sign of the stadium seen from the highway is just unbelieveable. I've never been to a Tennessee game and have heard it is unlike anything you've ever experience; so I am stoked!

I am so excited. I pray for a victory but even if the Vols don't score an actual victory on the field, it will still be a victory for me to be at the game, see Smokey on the loose and sing "ROCKY TOP" at the top of my lungs!

My co-workers even got me an orange & white cake for my birthday to help me prepare. So let's go Volunteers. If you don't win another game this season, try hard to beat Kentucky for my sake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment