Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year ....

Okay so I really love that Christmas song "It's the most wonderful time of the year", especially sung by the great Andy Williams! I do love Christmas time and all the lights and decorations and time you can spend with family & friends. (Though I think the State Fair might be my FAVORITE time of the year, ha!)

But the Christmas season brings out a whole different side of people - it's the caring and giving side, the joyful and mostly happy side. Why can we always be like that?

So far this Christmas season has been super busy but fun for me! Have been to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Vince Gill & Amy Grant all in concert -- both concerts were amazing. If you get the chance to go see Trans-Siberian Orchestra (TSO), you should definitely go ... the lights, pyro, etc., it's just unbelieveable that they can do so much! Vince & Amy did an awesome concert, as well. I'm so grateful to have been able to go to both of these concerts with my sis, too :)






I was also happy to attend the lighting of the official State of North Carolina Christmas Tree on the Capitol grounds in Raleigh. It's always so neat to see that tree each year. I think growing up in the Capital City, I sometimes take that for granted. I know there are some people in my state who may never even get a chance to see the Capital City or else it's a huge treat for them to be able to visit it. Yet for me, it's less than 10 minutes from my house. I think this year I really tried to make myself realize how fortunate I was to live in such a great place and be so close to so many things.





Take time this Christmas to spend time with those you love and care about, AND when you're with that person (whether it's a family member or close friend), rather than getting all excited about opening presents and such, why not take a few minutes to just sit and talk to each other and name a few things that they have done for you in the past year that has meant so much to you. Presents and gifts are awesome; but our family & friends should be the presents we treasure second most. The most important present ever given was Jesus and because of Him, we can celebrate and enjoy all the other things of the season. Don't forget the real meaning of CHRISTmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment