Tuesday, September 7, 2010

As Autumn Creeps In...



In just a few weeks, we can officially say one of my favorite sayings "Happy Fall, Y'all". It's hard to believe how fast 2010 has flown by and that it is already September. Labor Day has come and gone, so that means no more wearing white, (especially shoes!!) until after Easter. Now we can begin bringing out the festive fall decor. I used to detest this season, which blows my mind since the State Fair and my birthday both fall during autumn. But I suppose as you get older, you get wiser!

One of my favorite things to do during the autumn season is take our annual trek over the Great Smoky Mountains and visit Tennessee. Isn't it funny that while North Carolina has it all, some of the true North Carolinians go out of state for their vacations (ie: we go to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, when we want to go to the beach; and we go to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, when we want to go to the mountains!) Anyways, I love going to Harvest Fest up in the mountains and seeing all the colorful leaves, harvest displays, etc.

I look forward to getting my fall decor out of the storage barns and setting up some pumpkin scenes and enjoying this time of year. Hopefully the weather will be just right and many evenings can be spent outside enjoying this beautiful place that God has given to us. And don't forget, the North Carolina State Fair is just around the corner (October 14-24) and that is one PERFECT way to spend an autumn day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment