Thursday, July 8, 2010

Good Day Sunshine ...


I don't know why but I love the song "Good Day Sunshine" performed by The Beatles. I really can't pinpoint why I like it, but every so often you like a song and really can't explain why. I guess I just like the beat and I like to see the sun shine. And boy lately has the sun been shining ...

I don't ever recall North Carolina being as hot as it has been. During the month of June, 22 to 24 days of the month we were in the 90s or above; already in July we've set record heat in the 100s. BUT you won't hear me complaining. I cannot stand cold weather. I hate air conditioning blowing on me. If you come to my office, you will probably find my heater running. Now this has not always been the case, it used to be a van running but with thyroid issues, your system sometimes reverses on you.

One thing I've come to realize that even on days when the sun literally may not be shining or we may be going thru something in our lives where we don't think even if the sun is shining, our lives still seem dark; we need to realize that the sun and the Son always shine. Even on days when we may be going thru something truly trying, we can look back at something in our lives that makes us smile or laugh or something that is meaningful to us and allow that to be something that shines in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment