Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's time to party!!



2010 has been the party year for me ...

Growing up, I always lived right behind my grandparents & my great-grandparents and my Granny and Aunt Maydelle were always catering or doing some sort of party planning. I never thought that I'd be that much involved other than the taste tester or bowl licker. My Mom later got involved at her church doing parties and such and drafted me to help. I thought I had finally escaped from all that and then 2010 rolls around. I helped with a huge wedding and reception, and less than two weeks after the wedding, had a 50th surprise party to do. Now I'm beginning to wonder whether I should have started a party planning business.



But even with a ton of work and even pulling 80 hour work weeks, both were a lot of fun and made me realize how I can do more than I even realize!

All that hard work ended up wearing me out, so on Monday, I decided to take a day trip down to the Wilmington area and the surrounding beaches. I had a lot of fun but at the same time got a lot (if not too much) sun. Needless to say, it was good to get away, relax and enjoy more of God's amazing creations.





And upon returning back home, guess what I had later this week -- another party (well sort of) ... another birthday for my big sister, Phyllis. We didn't have an "official" party for her (as we did with her husband, Dwayne on Saturday), but we did celebrate her special day. Special days are meant for special people -- so much so that I actually made her a Paula Deen pie (I tell you that I'm in party planning mode!) Happy Birthday, Sis ... hope you had a wonderful birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment